These high protein treats from bodybuilding.com will leave you wondering how they can be good for your diet. Loaded with all your essential macro-nutrients, you will be energized and ready for your day. If you need a quick pick me up, try making protein bars to keep with you at work or in the car.
VANILLA CARAMEL PROTEIN CREPE
Move aside, pancakes! Your thinner and more hip cousin has just arrived. This recipe will get you excited to whip up an easy-breezy, protein-smothered crepe and then proceed to dress it with copious amounts of any toppings you wish—bananas, peanut butter, Nutella, strawberries, or even savory items like ham.
Holy crepe, Batman!
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 2/3 cup ground Oats
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 2 scoops Vanilla Caramel Whey Protein
- In a blender, combine egg whites, almond milk, oats, protein powder, salt and coconut oil. Process until smooth, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour .
- Heat skillet over medium heat and spray with Pam. Pour 1/4 cup of crepe batter into skillet, tilting to completely coat the surface. Cook for 2-5 minutes, turning once, until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top the crepe with 1 tablespoon of Nutella and 1/2 sliced banana, and roll.
Serving Size: 1
Quite frankly, these round, bite-sized chompers filled with chocolate and almond butter will grant you the powers to hit incredible PRs on your squat day. ‘Nuff said.
- 1 cup rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Coconut and Dark Chocolate Chia Flax Blend
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 scoops Whey Chocolate Cookie Protein Powder
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until fully incorporated.
- Using a melon-baller, scoop balls from mix and drop onto baking sheet.
- Place sheet in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
Serving Size: 15
POPEYE’S PROTEIN SHAKE
No one cannot deny the swoll-ness of Popeye, the 1920s naval icon! Soak up some serious nutrition and energy from this shake; it combines spinach, good saturated fats, a trio of delicious fruits, sweet honey, and a huge hit of protein. Even the ol’ sailor man himself will grow spinach-green with envy!
- 2 cups Raw Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup frozen Pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen Blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen Banana
- 2 scoops Whey Vanilla Caramel Protein
- 2 tbsp Raw Honey
- Add spinach, coconut milk, and BPI whey to blender. Mix until smooth, then slowly add in frozen fruit and honey.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1
“GETTING SIGGY WITH IT” FROSTING
This frosting is infused with so much protein and flavor that one taste will make you get down and jiggy with it. Use this frosting to top cupcakes, muffins, and fruit, or you can just eat it straight up. No judgment here.
- 8 oz Siggi’s Vanilla Icelandic Yogurt (14 grams protein per 5.3 oz)
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Low fat Cream Cheese
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Maple Cinnamon Agave
- 3 scoops Whey Vanilla Caramel Protein
- Add Siggi’s yogurt and peanut butter to medium-sized bowl.
- If you have a mixer, mix on medium speed for 1 minute. Otherwise, rev up your forearm muscle for some serious mixing.
- Add in cream cheese and agave syrup and mix for 2 minutes. Add in vanilla and BPI whey and beat until smooth.
Serving Size: 6
BPI “MUSCLE-MAKER” MUFFINS
As they say (and by they, I actually mean me), “Make muffins, make muscles.” This is yet another recipe that uses both vanilla protein powder and Siggi’s yogurt, but I assure you the result will be nothing short of euphoric, not to mention anabolic. Let the protein pile on by adding the “Getting Siggy With It” frosting!
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 cup Low Fat Buttermilk
- 5.3 oz Siggi’s Coconut Icelandic Yogurt
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 2 scoops Whey Chocolate Cookie Protein Powder
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar in the Raw
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Carob Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place liners in muffin tin.
- In large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, whey, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt).
- In another bowl, whisk melted coconut oil, buttermilk, vanilla.
- With a spatula, slowly fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Once the ingredients are incorporated, fold in the carob chips.
- Fill the muffin liners about 2/3 of the way and bake for 20 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean when inserted into the center of the muffin.
- Transfer to a rack and let cool.
Serving Size: 12