It’s lunchtime. You’re probably in the mood for a sandwich, salad, or soup for lunch. Rejoice, because Quiznos has you covered with great-tasting menu items at just 450 calories or less. Try these options that are lighter in calories but still full of flavor. Make sure you get a healthy on the go meal.
If a sandwich sounds good, try one of these subs. Just stick to the small size on wheat bread with the toppings listed below, and you’ll be good to go.
- Honey Bourbon Chicken: For just 360 calories and 6 grams of fat, you’ll enjoy this combination of chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, honey bourbon mustard, and zesty grille sauce (pictured above!). Plus, the 23 grams of protein will help fill you up without weighing you down.
- Turkey Lite: This super light sub has just 310 calories and 6 grams fat thanks to the lean protein and veggie toppings. Turkey, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and cucumbers make up the base of this sammie, and fat-free balsamic vinaigrette tops it off with plenty of flavor.
- Veggie Guacamole: For a meatless option that is still filling and flavorful, go for the 450 calorie-Veggie Guacamole sub, which is a combo of cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, guacamole, tomatoes, mushrooms, lettuce, and olives. It is a little higher in fat with 25 grams, but only 8 of those grams are the less-healthy saturated fat. To take the fat down to just 16 grams, just skip the cheese. Thanks to all the veggies, this sub also provides 3 grams of fiber and is lower in sodium than most of its meaty counterparts.
If you want to mix it up, go for a flatbread. Both of these options have less than 400 calories and packed with flavor.
- Honey Bourbon Chicken Flatbread: With a mere 290 calories and 5 grams of fat, this flatbread is similar to the Honey Bourbon Chicken Sub as it also has chicken, seasonal greens, tomatoes, onions, honey bourbon mustard, and grille sauce.
- Basil Pesto Chicken Flatbread: You want believe this flatbread comes in at just 370 calories with 15 grams fat (7 grams saturated) when you taste all the flavor from the chicken, mozzarella, tomatoes, seasonal lettuce blend, and basil pesto. Plus, it packs a healthy 24 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber.
If salads or soup is more your thing, go for one of these great tasting options in the small size for 400 calories or less. Or you could even combine the small-size soup with a small Harvest Chicken or Black and Blue Salad and still be right around the 400 calorie mark!
- Harvest Chicken Salad: For just 300 calories and 19 grams fat (4.5 grams saturated), you’ll love this tasty toss of honey-dijon chicken salad, granny smith apples, grapes, dried cranberries, cucumbers, tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds. Add a half serving of the acai vinaigrette to keep the calorie total under 400.
- Black and Blue Salad: With a surprisingly low 240 calories and 7 grams fat, this salad features Black Angus steak, blue cheese crumbles, onions, diced tomatoes, and seasonal greens and provides 19 grams of protein. Topping it off with the fat-free balsamic vinaigrette adds just 80 calories.
- Cobb Salad: You wouldn’t think a salad with chicken, bacon, hard-boiled egg, tomatoes, and blue cheese crumbles could be under the 400 calorie mark, but with 380 calories this one is. However, it does have 33 grams fat (9 grams saturated fat) so you might want to skip the ranch dressing, which has 260 calories and a whopping 28 grams of fat and go for the fat-free balsamic vinaigrette instead.
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup: Generally creamy soups are on the hefty side in terms of fat and calories, but order this small soup with broccoli florets, cheddar cheese, and shredded carrot comes in at a reasonable 110 calories and 5 grams fat.
Original article from Self