This protein packed recipe is bound to get the salivary glands running. Building muscle requires protein; The BBQ Pork Burger will satisfy any protein diet requirement. To lower the calories/fat/carbs try cutting out the cheese and bread for an even better protein punch. The 90% lean meat will ensure you are not left feeling guilty. Add some Paleo Sriracha for a spicy kicker.
Protein: 82 grams
Fat: 33 grams
Carbohydrates: 47 grams
- 1 cup BBQ pulled pork (see instructions)
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce (see instructions)
- 2 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- 4 slices Wisconsin cheddar cheese
- Nonfat cooking spray
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- 1 cup Coleslaw
- 1 Large tomato, sliced
- 1 Red onion, cut into rings
- 1 lb Boston butt (pork shoulder)
- 2 tbsp Cajun spice
- 3 cups Pork or chicken stock
- ¼ cup Red wine vinegar
- ½ cup Medium-diced carrots
- ½ cup Medium-diced celery
- ½ cup Medium-diced onions
- 1 cup Ketchup
- ½ cup Stone-ground mustard
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup Light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp BBQ rub or Cajun spice
- BBQ PULLED PORK: Preheat oven to 275˚. Sprinkle pork with Cajun spice and place in deep roasting pan. Add stock, vinegar, and vegetables. Cover with foil and roast for 3 hours. Remove and shred the meat with a fork or your hands.
- BBQ SAUCE: Whisk ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, vinegar, and spice. Heat in pan for 10 minutes.
- BURGERS: Mix the pork and sauce and heat in a small pan over medium heat, ensuring not to burn.
- Portion out 4 beef patties, adding salt and pepper.
- Cook burgers to desired doneness in a broiler or on a grill. Top with pork and a slice of cheese.
- Spray buns with cooking spray and “grill” in a pan.
- Place ¼ -cup slaw on each bun, then 1 tomato slice, 2 red onions, burger patty, and top bun.
Find more Protein recipes. Original recipe/picture from: Muscle&Fitness